D r e a m B i g - - L i v e L a r g e

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Smiles and Namaste


I just had to send this picture along. The children are just adorable. Granted, they are not sparkling clean, but they happily play on the trails, arm in arm, smiling at the trekkers and yelling out “Namaste” or “hello”. They are also the easiest to photograph as they seem to want your attention. The elders are also striking with their wrinkled leathery skin. There were so many times I wish I had that big long lense so that we could have taken pictures of everyday life from a distance. I knew that the majority of the village people would have obliged me if I had asked to take their photo, but I just could not muster up the courage to be yet another tourist asking for their photo (I know this is something I need to get over if I hope to get good shots.)